Sunday, May 8, 2011

So, You're say'n there's a chance...

We’ve all been there.  The endless dates (some great, some horrible), have resulted in lasting (for a while) relationships, friendships, lessons learned, and (for me) a few stage-five-clingers (stalkers). 
Sheer frustration doesn’t fully describe how I’ve felt during the majority of my dating history.  I’ve dated some really great men, a few bad boys, and a lot of stereotypical immature liars and cheaters. 
There’s good news for us single-slingers. We are not alone (figuratively)!
The average woman dates nine men before finding the right one (Crap, nine?  I’m waaaayyyy past nine!), according to a survey of 2,000 women from Meeteez.com. 
The survey shares some interesting information:
Before finding “Mr. Right”, women:
·         Kiss 22 guys
·         Have 6 one-night stands
·         Have their hearts broken 5 times

Before finding their “true love”, men:
·         Kiss 23 girls
·         Have 10 one-night stands
·         Have their hearts broken 6 times

I may still be single because, I’ve:
·         Kissed 37 guys
·         Had 1 one-night stand
·         Have had my heart broken 3 times
Shouldn’t my higher than average number of men I’ve kissed compensate for my lack of one-night stands and broken hearts?
I would like to bring to your attention the following questions I have about this survey:
1.        At what age did the men and women surveyed start counting those they’ve kissed?
2.        Does a one-night stand mean you had intercourse (One could get confused by this)?
3.        Define a broken heart.  Are we talking about extreme disappointment? Wishful thinking? Or the stereotypical “I can’t possibly go on….I’ll never love again…blah, blah, blah,” broken heart?
               
           
If dating is confusing enough, the question: “What are we?” makes people crazy.  So when do you go from “seeing each other”, to “dating”, to a relationship?
 According to TopDatingTips.com:
When does a date become a relationship?

1. 1 week 3%
2. 1 month 17%
3. 2 months 20%
4. 6 months 13%
5. Once we have had sex 13%
6. Once I have met the parents 8%
7. Once we have been on vacation 0%
8. Once we have moved in together 0%
9. When he/she says I love you 25%
So I pose a question for all the single, confused daters out there.  In the dating game, when does a date become a relationship?
Please comment or send me a message with your thoughts on this!  Let me know if you would like to be featured in my “ride’n solo” series as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment