Sunday, May 8, 2011

If I were you, I'd want to date me too

The first step to enjoying the dating process is to know exactly what you’re dealing with.  In a perfect world, it would be laid out in black in white.  It would have pie charts, diagrams (for you boys out there), and a step-by-step guide.   
I claim to hold no degree in relationship therapy or to be a “dating expert” (hello!  I’m 30…and still single…), but I will hold nothing back, I will sugar coat nothing, and I will do my best to give you the honest (as I know it) truth about dating and relationships.
 If dating were a college degree, I would have a PhD. (with honors, of course).  With humor, mild abrasiveness, and amazing shoes, I will wade through the pond of lecherous pick-up lines, mind-numbing first dates, and sub-par dating sites.  I currently reside in West Des Moines, among the nearly 54% of single women (more competition). 
My take on dating may be of help to you, or simply make no sense at all.  At the very least, you have my guarantee to be entertained.  I hope someone finds humor in my misfortunes. 
I bring to you one warning:  I say what I want, I do what I want, and more often than not…I think out loud (Hey, I’m only saying what everyone else is thinking, but doesn’t have the guts to say!).
Don’t hate the player. Hate the game.
(Yep, I actually just said that!)

Dating is pressure and tension. What is a date, really, but a job interview that lasts all night?
JERRY SEINFELD, stand-up routine

No comments:

Post a Comment